The Welcoming supports newcomers to Edinburgh, providing a wide range of classes and activities, 6 days a week, 50 weeks of the year.
• English language classes at all levels
• Advice and information on everyday living in Edinburgh
• Weekly Conversation Cafe
• Employability support
• Visits out and about to get to know Edinburgh and meet new people
• Home energy advice - find out how to keep cosy at an affordable price at home
• Digital skills
• Befriending opportunities
• Creative arts and health and well-being activities
Everything is free of charge and drop in! Visit www.thewelcoming.org to access the timetable and find latest details of what's on.
Tynecastle Community Wing
• Breast Feeding Support Group (Wednesday 2 - 3:30 pm)
Health All Round
• Community Health Services
• Great programme of opportunities
Joanna Cherry MP’s Office
• Specialises in Human Rights
• Food bank
"Re-Act, Refugee Action Scotland, is a not-for-profit humanitarian aid project launched in response to the worldwide refugee crisis. We are part of a growing organisation throughout the UK, working to fundraise and collect vital donations from all over Scotland to transport to the refugee camps in Calais and throughout other crisis areas of Europe.
We aim to help raise awareness of the growing crisis that many in our government and much of the mainstream media refuse to support."